We are an Open and Affirming congregation. Which means that The Congregational Church,UCC, in Tryon welcomes persons of all ages, races, social and economic circumstances, sexual orientations, gender identities and gender expressions, abilities and church backgrounds to participate in the life and ministry of our church.
SUNDAY MORNING WORSHIP
This traditional worship service includes music from our Chancel Choir, organ accompaniment, and other special musical offerings. For children we offer a Messages for All Ages followed by Children's Worship for children kindergarten through 5th grades. Nursery care is available for children age 4 and under.
SUNDAY WORSHIP INFORMATION
- Worship Service 10:30 AM in the Sanctuary
Followed by Community Hour (Coffee, punch, and conversation) in the Fellowship Hall
- Greeters and Ushers will welcome you to our church, provide you with a worship bulletin, and help direct you where to go.
- Childcare is available in the Nursery for children ages 4 and under.
- Children's Worship for K - 5th grades follows the Message for All Ages.
- The Sanctuary and Church office are handicapped accessible.
- Hearing assistance devices and large print bulletins are available.
- Dress for the service varies from casual to Sunday best, with most dressed in business casual. Please come how you are most comfortable and know that you will be welcome.
- Communion is offered on the 1st Sunday of the month. This church practices open Communion – all are welcome to receive Communion, including children, and regardless of church membership or denominational affiliation. We use non-alcoholic grape juice and bread. Gluten free wafers are available upon request.
SATURDAY WORSHIP STUDIO
The Saturday Worship Studio is an inter-generational, progressive Christian worshipping community that is guided by God’s still speaking word in Isaiah 43:19, “Look! I’m doing a new thing; now it sprouts up; don’t you recognize it? I’m making a way in the desert, paths in the wilderness.” Open your heart to the familiar and the new, and may your spirit relax into the peace of God’s presence as we share this time together.
SATURDAY WORSHIP STUDIO INFORMATION
- Worship Service 5:00 PM in the Fellowship Hall. Enter through the Sanctuary doors, look for greeters, signs, or follow the lights and sound.
- Liturgy is the work of the people, and so together we participate in leading worship. Whether it’s your first night, or you’ve been coming for a while, you are welcome to take a worship assignment from our night’s worship board. Help greet one another, lead the call to worship, collect the offering, and serve communion.
- You’ll be given a bulletin to guide you through worship, but feel free to put it down.
- The Saturday Worship Studio features a monthly musician-in-residence who leads us in song. We believe that many genres of music contain sacred songs, and so we try to blend traditional hymns, songs from around the world, classic songs, and music you’re currently hearing on the radio. Our music is most often a blend of bluegrass, folk, and Americana, but who knows how the Spirit might move.
- Worship participants of all ages are welcome. We understand that for younger worship participants noise and movement are natural. We consider it a joyful noise to God. We provide a “prayground” space in the worship area for children to read, draw, and play.
- The Fellowship Hall, Sanctuary, Bathrooms, and Church office are handicapped accessible.
Dress casually or however you need to in order to accommodate your Saturday night plans. Please come how you are most comfortable and know that you will be welcome.
- Communion is offered most Saturdays. This church practices open Communion – all are welcome to receive Communion, including children, and regardless of church membership or denominational affiliation. We use non-alcoholic grape juice and bread. Gluten free wafers are available upon request.